Day 14's Challenge is to share 15 Tips For Getting Through Life. I am a bit late with this one as I wanted to think about it for awhile. I have spent many years following my dream as a photographer. I have learned a lot (mostly by making mistakes). Here are 15 things I know about following your dreams.
1. Dreams build from previous successes was well as previous failures. They spiral around each other. Know how to use them both.
2. You have to show up over and over again.
3. Overnight success is a myth.
4. You are the one who cares about your dream. You have to be the one that drives it forward. Everyone else is busy with their own dreams.
5. If it was easy anyone could do it.
6. If you want it badly enough, you don't give up even if you have to take some detours.
7. Learn to handle rejection. It's part of the package.
8. Live simply so you can invest in yourself.
9. There will be times when you are going in the wrong direction. It happens. Turn around.
10. Sometimes you have to ask for help.
11. Obsessing - Sometimes it works for you. Sometimes it works against you. Know the difference.
12. Going after a heartfelt dream is difficult. Not going after it is intolerable.
13. Dreams don't happen in a straight line and that's actually kind of a cool thing.
14. Going after your dreams will inspire some of the people in your life and will freak out others.
15. If it's the right dream it's mostly joy.